Every year, 20 million dogs are brutally killed around the world - most commonly by poisoning, electrocuting or shooting. That’s 38 dogs every minute of every day, and one of the main excuses for this cruelty is rabies control.
WSPA is on a mission to stop this.
Only widespread vaccination is scientifically proven to stop rabies in dogs, long term. Our Collars Not Cruelty campaign calls on governments to stop killing dogs, and instead run effective dog vaccination programs.
We want every vaccinated dog to be fitted with a red collar as a symbol that they - and their communities - are protected against rabies. Worldwide, these collars will become a symbol of vaccination, protection and hope.
You can support Collars Not Cruelty by:
- Reading more about our campaign
- Watching our campaign video
- Donating to our campaign
- Joining our virtual dog march
- Watching Leona Lewis voice her support for Collars Not Cruelty
- Adding a Twibbon to your profile picture
- Reading our successful case studies from Bali and Sri Lanka